Policies - Guidelines for posting comments at extension.umaine.edu
University of Maine Cooperative Extension welcomes comments and questions related to the topics posted on this website. We ask that you please follow our electronic communications policies when posting comments.
- We invite comments that are positive, helpful, and on topic. Comments that are not respectful (include slurs, vulgarity, personal attacks, etc.) will be removed.
- Promotion of commercial goods and services will be deleted.
- Comments with links to unrelated subjects will be deleted.
- Comments must be your own, not copied and pasted from other sources. It is okay to briefly quote passages to make a point, but posts that infringe on the copyright of others will be removed.
- Stay on topic.
- Remember that there are young people on this site, too.
- State your position once. Repeating yourself will not make your point more convincing.
- If you have questions about why our moderators deleted your comment or blocked you from posting, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your username and where you posted your comment.
General Statement of Principles
The University of Maine encourages the creative and innovative use of information technology to enhance its teaching, research, and public service mission. Users will not have their right to access denied or abridged due to the individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran’s status. The University respects the intellectual labor and creativity of others and seeks to protect the free and peaceful expression of ideas.
The University of Maine reserves the right to limit access in response to evidence of violations of University policy or federal, state or local laws. All members of the University community are bound by federal, state and local laws relating to civil rights, harassment, copyright, security, pornography, privacy, and other statutes relating to electronic media.