Welcome to Maine AgrAbility
Helping Maine farmers to continue to farm successfully.
New online education resource: Promoting Senior Mental Health and Preventing Suicide has been posted on the Online Education Resources page.
This safety sticker is designed to be applied to tractor fenders, dashboards and windshields, reminding operators to work safely.
Learn more about how Maine AgrAbility works with farmers and gardeners to help them continue to farm successfully.
Maine AgrAbility …
- provides consultative services and technical assistance, such as suggestions for modifying or adapting the agricultural operation, buildings, equipment, and/or tools.
- works with rural agriculture, rehabilitation, and health care professionals to support Maine farmers with disabilities and their families.
- shares information and resources across Maine through networking activities.
There are an estimated 5,700 farmers, farm family members, or farm workers in Maine with a chronic health condition or disability.* If you fall into this category, or know someone who does, contact Maine AgrAbility for more information. You can also ask for an assessment of your situation and farm operation. There is no fee for our services.
- Request Maine AgrAbility Assistance
- Request more information about Maine AgrAbility
- Request a Maine AgrAbility Presentation
*Maine AgrAbility addresses a wide variety of disabling conditions, including, but not limited to, arthritis, spinal cord injuries/paralysis, back impairments, amputations, brain injury, visual impairments, hearing impairments, disabling diseases, cerebral palsy, respiratory impairments, and head injury.