Welcome to Maine AgrAbility
June is National Safety Month
The National Safety Council and Maine AgrAbility encourages YOU to participate in National Safety Month!
This year’s theme is “Safety Starts With Me“. Engage everyone in safety and create a culture where people feel a personal responsibility not only for their own safety, but for that of their coworkers, family and friends. While leadership from the top is important, creating a culture where there is a sense of ownership of safety by all, makes everyone in the organization a safety leader.
Maine AgrAbility …
- provides consultative services and technical assistance, such as suggestions for modifying or adapting the agricultural operation, buildings, equipment, and/or tools.
- works with rural agriculture, rehabilitation, and health care professionals to support Maine farmers with disabilities and their families.
- shares information and resources across Maine through networking activities.
There are an estimated 5,700 farmers, farm family members, or farm workers in Maine with a chronic health condition or disability.* If you fall into this category, or know someone who does, contact Maine AgrAbility for more information. You can also ask for an assessment of your situation and farm operation. There is no fee for our services.
- Request Maine AgrAbility Assistance
- Request more information about Maine AgrAbility
- Request a Maine AgrAbility Presentation
*Maine AgrAbility addresses a wide variety of disabling conditions, including, but not limited to, arthritis, spinal cord injuries/paralysis, back impairments, amputations, brain injury, visual impairments, hearing impairments, disabling diseases, cerebral palsy, respiratory impairments, and head injury.