- A heart-warming NPR Thanksgiving story: “For Expats In Afghanistan, A Cranberry Dish To Relish Far From Home“
- Portland Press Herald (2015):
- Bangor Daily News: “Cranberries add a note of seasonal color to holiday meals” (Nov. 2014)
- Maine Morsels (blog) (part of the BDN Maine Network): Cranberries in March? Yes, it’s the best time to pick!
- The Ellsworth American: “Cranberry Bog Bounces Back To Life“ (Nov. 2012)
Other Newsworthy Tidbits:
- The Cranberry Institute has a cranberry health newsletter available called Cranberry Health News
- In addition to the new Weed ID guide out of Québec that was recently translated into English, Québec also has two other publications (items 2 and 3 in the list below) that have been translated into English that may be of interest to folks:
- Identification Guide for Weeds in Cranberries:
- Identification guide to the weeds of Québec: https://www.craaq.qc.ca/Publications-du-CRAAQ/identification-guide-to-the-weeds-of-quebec/p/PEDI0133
- Diseases, Pests and Beneficial Organisms of Strawberry, Raspberry and Blueberry: https://www.craaq.qc.ca/Publications-du-CRAAQ/diseases-pests-and-beneficial-organisms-of-strawberry-raspberry-and-blueberry/p/PPTF0103
- Bangor Daily News 2009 Story [Special thanks to Sid & Sharon Look].
- UMaine Extension has created an online video about how to use and preserve Maine cranberries.
- Check out the UMaine Extension site illustrating weeds associated with Maine wild blueberries (we have many–if not all–of the same weeds in common): Maine Wild Blueberry Weed Photos
- Another UMaine Extension website was launched recently as well — the purpose of this one is to assist new farmers in Maine! Check it out! http://extension.umaine.edu/new-farmers/
- Check out the grower cooperative — United Cranberry Growers Cooperative. It is based in Wisconsin but invites independent growers, wherever in the world you may reside, to join them.
Cranberry questions? Contact Charles Armstrong, Cranberry Professional. University of Maine Cooperative Extension || Pest Management Office || 491 College Avenue || Orono, ME 04473-1295 || Tel: 207.581.2967 [email: email@example.com]