- Portions of the new 2014 Maine Cranberry IPM Guide are now available online.
- The Cranberry Institute has a new cranberry health newsletter available (Cranberry Health News – Spring 2014 Issue)
- UMaine Extension has created an online video about how to use and preserve Maine cranberries.
- Check out the UMaine Extension site illustrating weeds associated with Maine wild blueberries (we have many–if not all–of the same weeds in common): Maine Wild Blueberry Weed Photos
- Another UMaine Extension website was launched recently as well — the purpose of this one is to assist new farmers in Maine! Check it out! http://extension.umaine.edu/new-farmers/
- “Cranberry suppliers look overseas as supply escalates“ (by MEGAN WOOLHOUSE of The Boston Globe – August 9th, 2010).
- August 9th: Check out the relatively new grower cooperative — United Cranberry Growers Cooperative. It is based in Wisconsin but invites independent growers, wherever in the world you may reside, to join them.
- Check out the free site called “Maine Ag Trader“ where you can buy, sell, swap, and trade agricultural equipment. Also, from there, you can join their partner site, mefoodtrader.org, in order to try to sell your cranberry produce directly to Maine consumers! [see also the MPBN Story].
Past Harvest (and other) Stories:
- MPBN’s “Maine Things Considered” [Special thanks to Kathy LaPlant].
- Bangor Daily News [Special thanks to Sid & Sharon Look].
- Portland Press Herald/Maine Sunday Telegram [Special thanks to Harry Ricker of Ricker Hill Orchards]
- [TV] WLBZ Channel 2 in Bangor [Special thanks to Kathy LaPlant]]
- Some great Television PR: Alton Brown of the Food Network featured cranberries on his “Good Eats” program.
Cranberry questions? Contact Charles Armstrong, Cranberry Professional. University of Maine Cooperative Extension || Pest Management Office || 491 College Avenue || Orono, ME 04473-1295 || Tel: 207.581.2967 [email: firstname.lastname@example.org]