Eat Well Nutrition Education Program
A program for healthy eating
University of Maine Cooperative Extension Eat Well Nutrition Education Program is free to income eligible adults with children and children.
- how to stretch food dollars;
- new ideas and recipes for healthy meals;
- how to prepare great snacks;
- meal planning for busy people;
- cooking skills;
- how to make favorite recipes healthier;
- how to keep food safe; and
- tips for a healthy lifestyle.
Eat Well is making a difference in Maine!
In fiscal year 2012, 575 adult participants throughout Maine demonstrated improved behaviors in healthier eating (92%), food resource management (87%), food safety (66%), and physical activity (36%). Read more about how Eat Well is making a difference in Maine.
- Individual and group lessons in homes or community sites including schools. For more information contact your local county office.
- Food Workshops: Planning, Shopping & $aving
- Nutrition Workshops: Preparing healthy meals and snacks, saving money on groceries, improving cooking skills, and keeping foods safe to eat
Video Series: “10 Steps to a Healthier You”
UMaine Extension’s video series 10 Steps to a Healthier You can help you save money while while making healthy food choices for you and your family. Each video is one step to help you achieve a healthy lifestyle.
UMaine Extension offers nutrition education in every Maine county. For information on nutrition programs near you, call your county’s toll-free number.
The USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture’s Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) currently operates in all 50 states, including Maine.