Welcome to Cooperative Extension in Franklin County
University of Maine Cooperative Extension in Franklin County gives local residents access to the resources and expertise of the University of Maine. Through educational programs, publications, and events, UMaine Extension delivers unbiased, research-based information to Franklin County citizens. We can answer your questions on a wide array of topics. To find out how we can help you, browse our site, or contact us by e-mail or phone.
Don’t Miss the Farmington Fair
4-H members across the state are welcome to participate in the following 4-H shows:
- 4-H Dog Show (new last year) on Sunday, September 20th at 2pm;
- 4-H Horse Show on Monday, September 21st at 9am;
- 4-H Dairy Show on Monday , September 21st at 4pm;
- 4-H Sheep Show on Wednesday, September 23rd at 4pm; and
- 4-H Dairy Goat Show on Friday, September 25th at 3PM .
For more information and entry forms go the Farmington Fair website; www.farmingtonfairmaine.com
Entries for all 4-H shows are due in the Extension Office by September 1st.
Questions? Contact Judy Smith at the Franklin County Extension Office (207) 778-4650 or 1-800-287-1478 (in Maine).
Food Preservation – Hands-On Workshops
The hands-on food preservation workshops will teach you the basics of canning and freezing.
Check the listings for upcoming workshops.