The Maine Hunger Dialogue - How Can I Participate?
||Agenda||Call for Posters||Donate|
The Maine Hunger Dialogue
Mobilizing the Power of Higher Education to End Hunger in Maine
Ways to participate
The goal of the Maine Hunger Dialogue is to inspire participants to take actions towards addressing hunger in Maine and the world. There are several ways to participate:
- Are you passionate about hunger but don’t know where to put your energy? Come to the Dialogue and listen to inspiring speakers, interact with other participants to share ideas, interests, passions, and action possibilities. There is even an opportunity to apply for funding to turn your idea into action!
- Are you already part of a campus or group project addressing hunger? Come to the Dialogue and share your project with others. Let others learn about how your project works, provide details on the challenges and successes you faced. Can your project expand to another campus, or be improved on? If so, there is an opportunity to apply for funding to turn your idea into action.
- Call for Posters. Would you like to display a poster of your research or educational project? How to apply.
- Want to get involved now? Excellent! We need “cheerleaders” on every campus to help spread the word and encourage students with a variety of talents and interests to attend.
- Donate. By donating to the Maine Hunger Dialogue, you will help us to provide student meals and lodging scholarships for the event, pay for inspiring speakers, and offer mini grants to student teams to carry out their Ending Hunger action plans. Learn more.
- Stay updated. Return to this website, join our e-mail list or follow the Maine Hunger Dialogue on Facebook or Twitter for important updates.
For more information, contact Barbara Murphy, 207.743.6329, email@example.com.
Sponsored by University of Maine Cooperative Extension and the Maine Campus Compact.
Corporate sponsors: Sodexo, Bangor Savings Bank, Aetna Insurance, AARP Foundation, Allagash Brewing Company, Black Bear Inn, University Inn, Cigna, and UMaine Auxiliary Services.