2019 Two-Day All Organizational Conference
Honoring the Past, Embracing the Present, and Shaping the Future
Wednesday, November 13 and Thursday, November 14, 2019
Wells Conference Center, Orono, Maine
The 2019 UMaine Extension’s Two-Day All Organizational Conference titled Honoring the Past, Embracing the Present, and Shaping the Future will be held at Wells Conference Center on the Orono Campus. Arrival time is 9:00 a.m. on the first day and we will end by 3:00 p.m. on the second day.
At the conference, you can expect a variety of plenary and breakout sessions, which will include a focus on innovation, procurement, communication/survey tools, diversity, equity and inclusion, program evaluation, resilience, wellness, and more. There will be time for individuals and teams to share their work while we socialize before dinner on the first day.
On Wednesday, Dean Hannah Carter will present “Embracing Extension’s Present: an organizational update with the opportunity to ask questions” and on Thursday, she will host the session “Engaging Extension in a Collaborative Process to Shape Extension’s Future.”
This year, we’ll have Meet, Greet, and Learn About UMaine Extension! — an informational session with poster displays, social time, snacks, and cash bar.
Were You One of the First Forty Who Registered?
You’ve Won This Book!
The first forty Extension staff members who registered for the conference will receive a copy of the book, “The Innovation Imperative, Can Extension Change?” by Keith L. Smith and Paul Hill. Dr. Christine Geith, CEO of eXtension, who will be presenting the talk “Innovating for Impact” on Wednesday at our conference, is an Innovation Task Force Member/contributor to this book.
If you’re a winner, you may pick up your copy of the book when you check-in and pick up your nametag at the conference.
See You at the Conference!
Please contact any member of the planning committee with your suggestions, feedback or questions.
We look forward to seeing all of you!
2019 All Organizational Conference Planning Committee Members
- Francine Sulinski, Assistant Director, Cooperative Extension, Orono, email@example.com
- Jason Lilley, Sustainable Agricultural Professional, Cumberland County, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Yerxa, Associate Extension Professor, Orono, email@example.com
- Mari Glatter, 4-H Youth Development Professional, Aroostook County, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew Wallhead, Extension Ornamental Horticulture Specialist and Assistant Professor of Horticulture, Orono, email@example.com
- Michelle Snowden, Web Professional, Orono, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Eckardt, Faculty Associate, Orono, email@example.com
- Robson Machado, Assistant Extension Professor, and Food Science Specialist, Orono, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheila Vaillancourt, Administrative Specialist, Orono, email@example.com
- Tiffany Wing, Administrative Specialist CL2, Franklin County, firstname.lastname@example.org