4-H Summer Learning Virtual Workshop Presenter
Thank you for your interest in becoming a workshop presenter for the 4-H Summer Learning Series! Forms are due May 15th.
Reach out to Sarah Sparks to receive notifications and stay updated.
Make Your Virtual Workshop Hands On and Engaging
- June 15th – Registration
Workshop Presenter Role Description
To engage youth in positive youth development experiences and guide youth to explore their interests in a specific topic or skill through a hands-on, virtual 4-H experience.
Qualifications & Skills
- Abide by volunteer standards of behavior and the University of Maine’s non-discrimination statement.
- Enjoy working with youth and have a desire to teach youth skills related to a topic you are passionate about.
- Be comfortable with (and/or willing to learn how to) work with the Zoom platform, have access to a computer and internet.
- Possess strong organizational, planning, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Work in partnership with a Positive Youth Development mentor to plan your virtual workshop.
- Plan experiential learning activities to teach targeted skills.
- Provide a sense of belonging by creating a safe and welcoming virtual environment for all youth.
- Offer a virtual workshop(s) in partnership with a Positive Youth Development mentor during the 2023 4-H Summer Learning Series.
Location & Audience
All activities will be offered virtually through Zoom, or as an offline option. You can choose the age and number of youth based on your topic and activities. 4-H is open to youth ages 5-18.
A typical virtual summer learning experience can be a single session workshop, or a series of workshop sessions. In addition, volunteers can expect to commit approximately 2-3 hours preparing for each hour of virtual workshop.
Volunteers spend time collaborating with their Positive Youth Development mentor. Support for teaching virtually is available including: teaching with experiential learning online, positive youth development, online teaching strategies and youth facilitation.
- Help youth find their “spark” and make a positive impact in your community.
- Share your passion about a topic and/or skill.
- Develop and enhance your personal and professional skills.
- Network with other 4-H volunteers.