Science, Engineering & Technology - 4-H Power of Wind Program
The University of Maine Cooperative Extension 4-H Power of Wind program uses wind power to teach youth concepts in science, engineering, and technology. Through hands-on, interactive lessons, students learn:
- how humans have used wind power for centuries;
- to design and build simple wind turbines;
- that wind commonly shows up in art, music and literature.
Through educational programs around wind power development, UMaine Extension sees the value of science educated youth who seek a hopeful future in renewable energy.
- Windblade Challenge 2011: Engineering skills at work through the power of wind
- Wind Platform Challenge: connecting youth to the University of Maine
- 4-H Wind Power: educational opportunities in your local community