About Us - Office of the Director
Welcome to the University of Maine Cooperative Extension! We are located across the state in 16 county offices, research farms, 4-H camps, and online. We are the largest outreach component of the University of Maine and reach more Maine people then any other entity within the seven campus University of Maine System. Our work is focused on two areas of excellence. UMaine Cooperative Extension conducts the state’s most successful out-of-school youth education program through 4-H, empowering young people to reach their full potential. Extension also helps support, sustain, and grow the food-based economy across the entire state of Maine. We are the only entity in our state that touches every aspect of the Maine Food System, where policy, research, production, processing, commerce, nutrition, and food security and safety are integral and interrelated.
UMaine Cooperative Extension is determined to make a positive difference in our areas of excellence for the citizens of Maine. Explore our website, visit a county office, and contact our enthusiastic workforce.
— John Rebar, Executive Director
- Dennis Harrington, Assistant Director and Financial Administrator
- Francine Sulinski, Assistant Director
- Richard Brzozowski, Food System Program Administrator
- Lisa Phelps, Program Administrator
- Jonathan Prichard, Program Administrator
- 2015 University of Maine Cooperative Extension Annual Report
- 2014 University of Maine Cooperative Extension Annual Report