Education Director of the Bryant Pond 4-H Camp and Learning Center
PO Box 188, Bryant Pond, Maine 04219
Elizabeth has thirty years of experience in a variety of roles within education (Principal, Literacy Coach, Title I Coordinator, Adjunct Professor, and Classroom Teacher). She is passionate about fostering a healthy, trauma-informed child-centered culture and an environment that prioritizes resilience.
Most recently, she was the principal at Agnes Gray Elementary School in West Paris. While there, she and the staff developed an outdoor learning program, rich in opportunities for children to learn and play in nature. She wrote and was awarded a $250,000 RREV grant through the DOE to support this alternative approach to teaching and learning while keeping in mind the social and emotional needs of students. She helped to develop systems to support trauma-informed practices which included the creation of outdoor classrooms, a gear lending library, a food pantry, a school garden and an orchard.
- University of Maine at Orono: Literacy Coach Certification, 2013
- U.M.F., Summa Cum Laude: M.S. in Education/Leadership Concentration, 2011
- University of Southern Maine: Assistant Principal Certification, 2007
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine: Assistant Principal Certification, 2007
- Lesley University: Certification in Reading Recovery, 1993
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst: B.A. Elementary Education, 1989
- Maine West
- Maine Environmental Education Association