University of Maine Aroostook Research Farm Field Day
Rescheduled to August 23, 2016
Presque Isle, Maine
Due to predicted bad weather on August 22, this event has been rescheduled to August 23, 2016.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Meet at 3:00 PM at the ARS-USDA building near Percy’s Auto (driving directions)
Registration: 3:00 to 3:15 PM. This event is free.
Introduction and welcome: Dr. Richard Brzozowski will talk about the cooperative relationship at the farm.
Join us to learn about the following topics:
- Stop 1. Grain Trials
- Stop 2. Potato Breeding and Variety Trial Program
- Stop 3. National Fry Processing Trial
- Stop 4. US Potato Board Snack Food Association Chipping Trial
- Stop 5. Nitrogen Rate Experiments
- Stop 6. PVY Resistance Screening Program
- Stop 7. Variety Test on Pink Rot
- Stop 8. Crop Rotation on Pink Rot Control
- Stop 9. The Potential of Pulse Crops to Lengthen Potato Rotations in Maine
- Stop 10. Potato Fertility Trial and Active Optical Sensors
- Stop 11. Potato Nurse Crop Trial to Improve Potato Quality, Soil Health, and Reduce Soil Erosion
- Richard Brzozowski, Food System Program Administrator, UMaine Extension
- Jake Dyer, Agronomist, Maine Potato Board
- Jay Hao, Assistant Professor of Plant Pathology, UMaine
- Andrew Plant, Associate Extension Professor, UMaine Extension
- Greg Porter, Professor of Crop Ecology and Management, UMaine
- Lakesh Sharma, Assistant Extension Professor, Assistant Professor of Sustainable Agriculture, UMaine Extension
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, please call 207.581.3188 to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 7 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however all requests will be considered.