Cumberland County 4-H Scholarships
2019 College Scholarship Applications Must be Received by Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Sponsored by Cumberland County 4-H Leaders Association
Scholarship applications for High School Seniors are due April 17, 2019. This deadline is not flexible. If you need help applying for financial assistance or have questions please call or email Sara at 207.781.6099 or 1.800.287.1471, email@example.com. Please note that the application for the 4-H Leader’s Association, Linda Clark/Margy Justice Memorial, and Susan P. Grover Memorial Scholarships are all the same. The Extension Groups Scholarship has a different application form.
Applications should be mailed to: UMaine Extension, Cumberland County, Attn: 4-H Scholarships, 75 Clearwater Drive, Suite 104, Falmouth, Maine 04105.
4-H Leader’s Association Scholarship
This scholarship is open to past or current 4-H members with at least five years of membership in Cumberland County 4-H.
Linda Clark/Margy Justice Memorial Scholarships
This scholarships is open to past or current 4-H members with at least five years of membership in Cumberland County 4-H.
Susan P. Grover Memorial Scholarship (for current/former animal project members)
Susan P. Grover was a generous supporter of 4-H through her activities with her children who participated in 4-H. It is with great pride that a memorial scholarship to honor Sue was established by her family at her passing. Each year two $200.00 scholarships will be awarded to 4-H’ers who have consistently demonstrated in their lives respect, responsibility, honesty, and care. The number of years in 4-H will be left to the discretion of the Cumberland County 4-H Leaders Association Awards Committee.
Candidates must submit the following information with the application:
- Current and complete 4-H Portfolio including 4-H Story, Resume, and Evidence binder. Required for both current and past 4-H members. If you are a past 4-H member please briefly update your Story and Resume within your Portfolio to reflect what you have been doing since your 4-H participation ended.
- Attach a paragraph telling how 4-H influenced or will relate to your college career.
- High school transcripts (required for both current and former members).
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
- Proof of acceptance to an institution of higher education (for Susan P. Grover only)
Special note: Application may be submitted during each of four (or more) years in college, but you may only receive a scholarship once. The scholarship will be payable upon successful completion of one semester of school.
4-H Leader’s Association/Linda Clark/Margy Justice Memorial/ Susan P. Grover Memorial Scholarships Application 2019 (Word) | (PDF)
Cumberland County Extension Groups Scholarship
Are you planning to go on to higher education beyond high school? If you are, the Cumberland County Extension Groups have scholarships for deserving Cumberland County youth. This scholarship is open to all Cumberland County youth but is decided upon by the awards committee of the Cumberland County Leader’s Association and members of the Extension Homemaker Groups.
- Cumberland County youth who are planning to go on to higher education this fall.
- Open to those who plan to attend any institution of higher learning. Either a Four-year college; Junior college (2-year program); or Vocational Technical Institute, etc. (2-year program)
- Open to any field of study.
- Must write an essay on why you need the scholarship.
- Must have a letter of recommendation.
- Winning scholarships will be awarded after the completion of the first semester of college.
Selection Process Final selection will be made by the 4-H Leaders’ Association Awards Committee of Cumberland County and the Cumberland County Extension Groups Committee.
Receipt of Funds Scholarship funds will be granted after the completion of the first semester. At that time, the recipient requests in writing, along with a copy of the first semester’s grades, to the Cumberland County Extension Groups Treasurer for the funds.
Maine 4-H Foundation Scholarships
These scholarships are available to participants in the 4-H Program, pursuing higher education. Deadlines: March 1, 2019, to local UMaine Extension county office; March 8, 2018, to Maine 4-H Foundation.
For more information or an application, please visit the Receive Funding page.