Cumberland County 4-H Lending Library and Science Toolkits
Community Outreach Programs
The following items are available for loan to enrolled 4-H volunteers, Cumberland County educators, after-school staff, and other non-profit organizations working with youth ages 5-18. Some of the kits are adaptable to all grade levels. Toolkits can be reserved for a month to 12 weeks (depending on the kit). SPIN Club Kits are available for loan up to 10 weeks. There is little to no cost (except for the replacement of consumable supplies) and a $25 deposit is required.
Our staff is also available to offer many educational programs for libraries, after-school programs, and other youth organizations. There are a variety of options to choose from for all ages of youth 5-18. Community outreach programs tend to last one to two hours in length depending on the time-frame you are looking to fill. To reserve a kit, or for more information about community outreach programs we offer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207.781.6099.
Toolkits Available for Loan in Cumberland County:
- Power of the Wind | Wired for Wind
- Crime and Spy Science
- Four (4 ) Lego Robotics EV3 Kits
- Junk Drawer Robotics Levels 1 and 2
- 2014 4-H National Youth Science Day Rockets to the Rescue
- 2015 4-H National Youth Science Day Motion Commotion
- 2016 4-H National Youth Science Day Drone Discovery
- 2017 4-H National Youth Science Day Incredible Wearables
- 2018 4-H NYSD Code Your World
- 2019 4-H NYSD Game Changers
- #EmpoweringMEandYou Healthy Relationships
For more information about 4-H STEM Kits available for loan at the state level, please visit umaine.edu/4h/stem-toolkits/.
SPIN (SPecial INterest 4-H Clubs) Kits
- Art of Math (Utah State University Extension 4-H)
- Family Consumer Science for Cloverbuds (Utah State University Extension 4-H)
- Leadership & Team Building
- Small Animal and Livestock Science Activity Sampler
- Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse (Utah State University Extension 4-H)
SPIN clubs typically run for six weeks to teach 4-H or non-4-H youth about a particular subject area outside of their traditional club meetings. To go along with these kits we offer an abbreviated version of our volunteer training to anyone interested in leading a new Special Interest Club. In addition to these kits for loan, we also offer a few SPIN Clubs in the Summer months taught by our staff. For More Information about our Summer SPIN Clubs please visit our 4-H Spin Club website.
Community Outreach Programs
Listed below are some of the common community outreach programs taught by our staff. Most programs are offered free of charge to libraries, after-school programs, and other non-profit youth organizations. This is just a sampling of the programs we offer so please email or call Sara Conant for information on other activities you may like to have offered by 4-H for your program.
- Aquaculture: Seaweed Activities
- Leadership, Team Building, & Self-Esteem workshops
- Horse Sense: Equine Vision Glasses (15 to 20-minute activity, great for small groups of all ages to rotate through)
- Pinwheel Making/Power of Wind
- National Youth Science Day 2015 Motion Commotion Instructional Video (YouTube)
- National Youth Science Day 2016 Drone Discovery
- Science of Ice Cream Making