Taste of Tidewater Fundraiser 2017
The 3rd Annual A Taste of Tidewater fundraiser took place on Thursday, August 24, 2017 from 5:30pm-8pm at The Episcopal Church of Saint Mary Parish House (43 Foreside Road) in Falmouth.
This fundraiser has gained a reputation as the place for fabulous food, beautiful Maine art, and a fun and festive evening. A Taste of Tidewater benefits the University of Maine Gardens at Tidewater Farm in Falmouth and the important educational programs held at the Gardens.
Food and Drink
Small plates and decadent desserts were created and served by several of Greater Portland’s prominent chefs including:
- Mitchell Kaldrovich (MK Kitchen, Gorham)
- Don Morrison (Wayside Food Programs, Portland)
- Karen Turner (C Salt Gourmet Market, Cape Elizabeth)
- Joseph Fournier (A & C Grocery, Portland)
- American Culinary Federation Casco Bay Culinary Association (ACF Casco Bay Culinary Association )
- Kyle Robinson & Yazmin Saraya (five fifty-five, Portland)
Guests had the opportunity to review and purchase original diverse works of art created by some of Maine’s premier artists, all of which are for sale as part of the 10″x 10″ Art Sale.
Live music was provided by local band, The Pinetones.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the event being held?
The event is being held on Thursday, August 24, 2017, from 5:30 – 8 pm in the Parish House of The Episcopal Church of Saint Mary, 43 Foreside Road in Falmouth. Parking is available on-site.
2. What will the event consist of?
The evening will consist of small plates and decadent desserts created by several of Greater Portland’s renowned chefs.
Guests will have the opportunity to view and purchase artwork created by over 50 Maine artists as part of the evening’s 10″ x 10″ Art Sale.
3. Can I view the artwork before or after the event?
Artwork will be displayed online prior to the event from August 1 – 23, 2017. Artwork that does not sell at the event will be available for purchase online from August 27- September 4, 2017.
4. What is the mission of the UMaine Gardens at Tidewater Farm?
The Gardens at Tidewater Farm, a project of the Cumberland County Master Gardener Volunteers, allows us to teach youth and adults how to garden and grow their own food, and promote sustainable gardening for food production and ecologically compatible landscapes.
The Gardens are open to the public daily from dawn to dusk. Guided tours with a Master Gardener Volunteer can be arranged by contacting the UMaine Extension office at 207.781.6099.
5. How can I find out more about the Master Gardener program?
Visit our website.
6. I am unable to attend the event. How can I support the Gardens?
Donations to the Gardens and its programs are always welcome and can be made online by clicking the Donate to UMaine Gardens button on the right side of the page.
Your generous support strengthens the mission of the UMaine Gardens at Tidewater Farm.