Expedition 3: Welcome!
Welcome all youth, educators and folks who are just-plain-interested in the next 4-H Follow a Researcher® expedition, and thanks for joining us!
This is the first episode in our weekly video series over the duration of Lynn’s expedition. We hope that these videos will help spark curiosity and rich discussion as you use this program to compliment the work you do, no matter the setting.
Here’s what to anticipate over the next six weeks or so:
- Weekly videos
- Printable video guide with discussion questions
- Learn how Lynn “does science” by using the same science and engineering practices described by the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Weekly live Twitter chats with Lynn and the Follow a Researcher® network
- Ask Lynn your questions and get them answered!
- Follow and communicate with classrooms from other parts of the state or country
- Regular website updates
- MapShare – Follow Lynn on the map as she conducts research in Antarctica
- Archived Twitter chats
- Photos, news and more!
- Have a Follow a Researcher® story to tell? We’d love to hear about it!
What do you think?
Here are some questions to discuss with your class, or to investigate on your own!
- Do you have any questions about sea level rise?
- How have you acted like a scientist outside the classroom?
- What does “doing science” mean to you?
Have more questions?
- Join Lynn (@UMaineFARLynn) live each week throughout her journey and ask your questions using #UMaineFAR. (Archived UMaineFAR Live Chats)
- Follow the adventure on Twitter (@UMaineFAR)!
- For more about NGSS and Scientific and Engineering Practices, see NGSS
- Visit the Follow a Researcher® website
Join the next live chat on Thursday, October 19 at 1:00 PM (EDT) by searching the hashtag: #umainefar. Subscribe to 4-H Follow a Researcher® calendar: iCal HTML