Recipe to Market Six-Part Workshop
Participants of the Recipe to Market 6-part workshop will learn about licensing, how to prepare and package their food products safely, to access potential profits, and discover some of the resources available to support them in business development.
This program is for individuals currently operating a value-added business or those seriously considering one. Participants must have a specific food product or recipe in mind and are expected to attend all sessions.
- Dr. Beth Calder, Extension Food Science Specialist, Professor of Food Science, and Director of the UMaine Food Testing Services
- Kathy Savoie, Extension Educator, UMaine Extension, Cumberland County
- Louis Bassano, Professor Emeritus of Cooperative Extension
- Jim McConnon, Professor Emeritus, School of Economics and Cooperative Extension, University of Maine
- Session I: Are you an Entrepreneur?
- Session II: Developing Your Product & Process, Food Regulations and Licensing
- Session III: Business Reality
- Session IV: Specialty Foods
- Session V: Panel Discussion
- Session VI: Individual Business Consults (by appointment between 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM)
- TBA: Pilot Plant tour in Orono, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
We are not currently offering the 6-part Recipe to Market workshop; please view our Recipe to Market Workshop half-day intensive page to learn more.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Kathy Savoie at 207.781.6099 to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 14 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however all requests will be considered.