Carrot Fries, Baked with Cumin
1 1/2 pounds of carrots (fun to use rainbow carrots in shades of yellow, white, orange and red)
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash carrots well to remove dirt
- Cut carrots into 3 inch strips, or “coins” if you want to call them carrot chips
- Place carrots, olive oil, cumin and salt in bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Place carrots on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning carrots after the first 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and enjoy!
Variations: For a different taste sensation try cardamom or cinnamon instead of cumin or another spice, herb, or seasoning. Have the students do a naming contest for their favorite variety, such as Cardamom Carrot Crunchies. This is a fabulous activity to teach students about marketing while also engaging them in healthier food choices!
Makes 10 servings; Serving size: 1/2 cup