Make Your Own: Bean Dip
Beans + Oil + Seasoning
- 1 can (15½ ounces) kidney beans, white beans (great northern or cannellini beans), black beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1–4 tablespoons water, if needed
- Optional: ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- Blend beans, oil, garlic chili powder, and cumin in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. If you do not have a blender, mash the beans and the other ingredients until smooth.
- If the bean mixture is dry, add water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Once blended, transfer to a small bowl. Optional: Before transferring bean mixture to a bowl, mix in yogurt for a creamier bean dip.
Store the bean dip in the refrigerator and use within 2–3 days.