Supreme Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Supreme Grilled Cheese Sandwich (PDF)
Serves: 1 | Serving size: 1 sandwich
¼ cup bell pepper (red, yellow, or green), sliced thinly
¼ cup onion, sliced thinly
2 slices whole wheat bread
½ tablespoon butter
Pinch of garlic powder
½ cup spinach leaves, rinsed
1 slice (about 1 ounce) mozzarella cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
- Slice onion and pepper very thin.
- Layout 2 slices of bread. Spread each slice with the butter.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- Add in layers the spinach leaves, peppers, onions. Add a slice of cheese.
- Heat a skillet or pan to medium-low. Spay with cooking spray. Lay sandwiches in a skillet or pan. Cover with plate, lid, or aluminum foil.
- Heat sandwiches until cheese melts (about 2-3 minutes), flipping ½ way through or until the bottom is golden brown. Serve.
You can use other cheeses, but mozzarella is lower in fat and melts well.
Add other vegetables such as mushrooms or tomatoes.
Make this an open-face sandwich using only 1 slice of bread.