Garden Mentorship Program
The goal of the Garden Mentorship Program is to match Master Gardener Volunteers with gardeners in their county (or a nearby county) in order to provide virtual technical assistance and encouragement throughout the season. This program will serve Maine residents on a first come, first serve basis and prioritize beginner gardeners.
Due to the high demand of this program and the need to match recent requests, we’ve closed the Garden Mentor Request Form. The request form will become available again during our next application period: February 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023.Until then, here’s some option to learn more:
- Watch Victory Garden for ME video series for vegetable gardeners
- Subscribe to the Maine Home Garden News
- Revisit some of our Webinars on Demand
- Contact your County Extension office with your gardening questions
Who can serve as a Garden Mentor in this program?
Garden Mentors are trained Master Gardener Volunteers (MGV) who are up to date on their volunteer hours and have been approved to serve in this role by their MGV Coordinator.
What is the process for being matched with a Garden Mentor?
- Complete this online Garden Mentor Request Form (our next application period will begin on February 1, 2023).
- A Home Horticulture staff member will contact you within two weeks of submitting your application about whether or not you’ve been assigned a Garden Mentor. If a Garden Mentor is not available, then you will be placed on a waitlist until a match has been made. Please keep in mind there is no guarantee that we’ll be able to match you with a Garden Mentor this season.
- Once a match has been made, you can anticipate an email from a Home Horticulture staff member connecting you with your new Garden Mentor. The Master Gardener Volunteer serving as your Garden Mentor will follow up with you via phone to discuss your garden and to establish how you both plan on communicating with each other this season.
For more information or questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 207-781-6099.