2023 UMaine Extension Project Onion Order
About the UMaine Extension Project Onion Order
Since 2017 the Harvest for Hunger Program has made a bulk onion order form available to Master Gardeners and used the proceeds from those sales to subsidize onion plants for Harvest for Hunger Projects to grow onions for the community.
Onion plants can be picked up at the Extension office that you choose on the project order form. The pickup schedule is as follows:
- Aroostook (Fort Kent) – 34 Armory Rd., Ste 101, Fort Kent – Pickup Date – May 1, 2023
- Aroostook (Houlton) – 18 Military St., Houlton – Pickup Date May 1, 2023
- Aroostook (Presque Isle)- 57 Houlton Rd., Presque Isle – Pickup Date May 1, 2023
- And/Sag – 24 Main St. Lisbon Falls-Pickup Date April 21, 2023
- Cumberland-75 Clearwater Dr., Ste. 104, Falmouth – Pickup Date April 21, 2023
- Franklin-138 Pleasant St. Farmington – Pickup Date April 28, 2023
- Hancock/Wash – 63 Boggy Brook Rd. Ellsworth- Pickup Date April 28, 2023
- Kennebec- 125 State St. Augusta – Pickup Date April 21, 2023
- Knox/Lincoln – 377 Manktown Rd. Waldoboro – Pickup Date April 28, 2023
- Oxford – 9 Olson Rd. South Paris – Pickup Date April 21, 2023
- Penobscot- 307 Maine Ave. Bangor – Pickup Date April 28, 2023
- Piscataquis – 165 E. Maine St. Dover-Foxcroft – Pickup Date April 28, 2023
- Somerset – 7 County Dr. Skowhegan – Pickup Date April 28, 2023
- Waldo – 992 Waterville Rd. Belfast – Pickup Date April 28, 2023
- York – 15 Oak St. Springvale – Pickup Date April 21, 2023
Important: Please visit the Dixondale Farms* website by clicking the linked text below for an onion variety description and photo. However, please use the Onion Request Form for Projects link to order your onions.
Order Due Date: February 3, 2023
The following links are for description purposes only. Remember to order on the Onion Request form for Projects.
- Ailsa Craig (Dixondale Farms)
- Long Day Onion Assortment (Dixondale Farms)
- Patterson, White Storage Onion (Dixondale Farms)
- Red Zeppelin, Red Onion (Dixondale Farms)
- Red Torpedo Tropea (Dixondale Farms)
- Cipollini (Dixondale Farms)
- Yellow Spanish Onion (Dixondale Farms)
Leeks and Shallots:
Leeks and Shallots may only be ordered in half bunches: (approximately 30 plants)
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, or would like to discuss any other barriers to participation, please email email@example.com or call Lynne Holland at 207.581.8211 or 800.287.1458 (in Maine) to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 10 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however, all requests will be considered.
No responsibility is assumed for any problems associated with the use of products or services mentioned in this website. No endorsement of products or companies is intended, nor is criticism of unnamed products or companies implied.