4-H in Oxford County
What is 4-H?
- 4-H is a positive youth development program that focuses on the development of life skills through project-based, hands on learning experiences
- Youth ages 5-18 can join
- You do not have to own an animal or raise livestock to be a member of 4-H
- 4-H now offers over 120 different program areas!
How can I get involved?
- Traditional volunteer led clubs can focus on any topic at all from raising animals to building robots and everything in between. We also offer SPIN (special interest) clubs that only run for 6-8 sessions as a more short term option.
- Clubs in Oxford County
- After school
- Our 4-H professional hosts STEM based afterschool programs at sites throughout the community. During the summer, we will be looking for volunteers and teen mentors to help facilitate these programs.
- Camp and Learning Centers
- Attending Bryant Pond, right here in Oxford County, is a great way to get involved with 4-H. They’ll teach you teamwork, leadership, outdoorsmanship, and more!
4-H Curriculum Lending Library
Please check out our Online Curriculum Library!
All of the resources are free, downloadable, and sorted by age, category, and topic!
We have also completely restructured our physical 4-H Curriculum Lending Library in Oxford County. You can now browse what we have in the office through this website and using the Google Form at the top of the page you can request curriculum and materials to pick up and borrow free of charge!
Learn about some other Maine 4-H events.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207.743.6329 for more information on how to enroll today!