What is 4-H?
- 4-H is a positive youth development program that focuses on the development of life skills through project-based, hands on learning experiences
- Youth ages 5-18 can join
- You do not have to own an animal or raise livestock to be a member of 4-H
- 4-H now offers over 120 different program areas!
How can I get involved?
- Traditional volunteer led clubs can focus on any topic at all from raising animals to building robots and everything in between. We also offer SPIN (special interest) clubs that only run for 6-8 sessions as a more short term option.
- After school
- Our 4-H professional hosts STEM based afterschool programs at sites throughout the community. During the summer, we will be looking for volunteers and teen mentors to help facilitate these programs.
- Camp and Learning Centers
- Attending Bryant Pond, right here in Oxford County, is a great way to get involved with 4-H. They’ll teach you teamwork, leadership, outdoorsmanship, and more!
Click HERE to learn about some other Maine 4-H events