Parenting your new baby is the most important job you will ever have. It is also the hardest! That’s why you will love getting the information you can trust, connections to resources in your community, and an extra boost of confidence from the Maine Families program.
Please take a moment to review our introductory videos, available in several languages.
- Welcome to Maine Families! (English Version) (Vimeo)
- Welcome to Maine Families! (Somali Version) (Vimeo)
- Welcome to Maine Families! (Portuguese Version) (Vimeo)
- Welcome to Maine Families! (Spanish Version) (Vimeo)
- Welcome to Maine Families! (French Version) (Vimeo)
- Welcome to Maine Families! (Arabic Version) (Vimeo)
- Welcome to Maine Families! (Kinyarwanda Version) (Vimeo)
- CDC Developmental Milestones (Center for Disease Control, CDC)
- VROOM — Baby brain-building tips by text and more
- Just In Time Parenting Tips — Newsletters specific to your child’s age
- 5 Steps for Brain-Building Serve and Return (Harvard)
- Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) Developmental Screening (Maine DHHS)
- Preparing for Parenthood (Zero to Three)
- Positive Parenting Approaches (Zero to Three) — Responsive caregiving
- Maine Breastfeeding Coalition
- Safe Sleep Maine
- American Academy of Pediatrics — Infant and child health information
- Sparks Video Series (Mount Sinai) — Brief infant/child development videos
- Helping Kids Grieve (Sesame Street Communities) — Child well-being resources
- Offering Comfort (Sesame Street Communities) — Child well-being resources
- Resilience in Times of Stress (University of Maine Cooperative Extension)
- Help Me Grow (HMG) Maine (Maine DHHS) — Connection to Maine resources for parents
- Maine Families Home Visiting Program
- Follow us on Facebook — Maine Families Mid-Coast, Serving Knox, Lincoln, and Sagadahoc Counties
- Maine Licensed Child Care Search
For more information about the resources listed on this page, please contact Jennifer Doherty, Maine Families Mid-Coast Program Manager, at email@example.com or Ruth Griffin, Maine Families Mid-Coast Program Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Maine Cooperative Extension is committed to providing home visiting and parent education to all families in Knox/Lincoln/Sagadahoc County, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran’s status.