EPC Minutes: November 23, 2015
Conference Call: Michele L, Michaele B, Glen K, Leah T, Cindy ET, Keri K
Facilitator: Michele L
Note Taker: Cindy ET
- Keri and Michaele B are ready to rotate off the committee after several years as members. Glen stepped down as co-chair, but will remain on the committee. Cindy volunteered to serve as incoming co-chair. Several professionals have expressed interest in joining the EPC. As co-chair, Michele L will invite new members (and distribute these minutes to the membership) as per the by-laws (https://extension.umaine.edu/plugged-in/hr/extension-professional-employees/guiding-document/#organization).
Nov 5 Group Meeting Debrief
- Reviewed the outcomes of Nov 5 for committee members who were unable to attend. ELT will be sending out summaries of each group meeting and group evaluations.
EPC Annual Meeting
- It’s been several years since the last EPC Annual Meeting. The committee is committed to getting back on track with annual (and regular monthly committee) meetings. Annual Meeting Planning Sub-committee members are Michaele B, Michele L. and Cindy. Michele L will check with Dennis regarding a budget. Leah will check if/when Tanglewood or Blueberry Cove facilities are available for a 1- or 2-day meeting in 2016. Cin will create an online survey, which will include questions about dates and agenda items.After a short brainstorming session, EPC came up with the following possible agenda items, many based on suggestions from the Nov 5 Group Meeting:
- UMPSA guest speaker
- HR guest speaker
- Supervisory training
- Mentoring program
- Time for professional sharing
- Promotion Packets & Sabbaticals
- Conflict resolution
- Effective presentation styles (Keri will invite Catherine Schmitt to present)
- Problem solving/brainstorming creative solutions for soft money problems
- Creating a toolkit or resource list for professional staff
Next Steps for EPC
- Review and update by-laws as needed.
- Meet monthly via conference call for 30 minutes.