Kitchen Assistant (prep-cook)/Dishwasher
The 4-H Camps at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove provide environmentally focused summer camps for Maine youth in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor. Programs emphasize community living, respect for others, fun, safety, responsibility, and the joy of being a part of the natural world. Our mission is to teach and inspire people from Maine and beyond to be effective and caring citizens of the earth through affordable environmental education and fun nature based experiences. We strive to develop lifelong skills and a sense of community spirit.
- Assist cooks in kitchen duties every morning, afternoon, and/or evening depending on program season: food prep, baking, dish washing, cleaning, etc.
- Role model healthy living, positive energy and clear communication
- Scrapes dishes; places dishes in machine, stacks washed, and clean dishes in proper racks.
- Monitors dishwashing machine to insure proper operation.
- Cleans dish machine and auxiliary equipment.
- Insures proper garbage and trash removal; cleans garbage and trash containers.
- Assists in cleaning kitchen including equipment and counters; mops floors.
- Launders rags and aprons as needed.
- Role model good stewardship for the environment.
- Return all equipment and facilities in good conditions upon completion of program. Complete end of season inventory.
- High safety and sanitation standards
- Attention to detail
- Flexible, team player
- Training and/or experience in sanitation, food preparation and protection, hygiene, and record keeping
Requirement for hiring:
- Complete health screening and appropriate background checks
Dates and Compensation:
- $9.00-$12.10/hour, flexible work hours
- April – October, 3-7 month appointments available
- Hiring for positions at Tanglewood in Lincolnville and Blueberry Cove in Tenants Harbor
To Apply: Please mail/fax/email cover letter, resume, and references to: Camp Director, 1 Tanglewood Road, Lincolnville, ME 04849. Fax: 207-789-5220. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Maine does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Director, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, 581.1226, email@example.com.