The 4-H Camps at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove provide environmentally focused programs for Maine youth and families in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor. Programs emphasize community living, respect for others, fun, safety, responsibility, and the joy of being a part of the natural world. Our mission is to teach and inspire people from Maine and beyond to be effective and caring citizens of the earth through affordable environmental education and fun nature-based experiences. We strive to develop lifelong skills and a sense of community spirit.
The Marketing Intern works both independently and in a team to produce a variety of marketing materials that will capture all that Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove have to offer.
- Capture quality photographs and videos of participants as they engage in a variety of programs at both program sites.
- Track photo release status of all participants and refrain from capturing images of those who do not have a photo release.
- Write press releases about current and future programming that highlight the mission-driven work of the organization.
- Develop newsletters to share meaningful stories with participants, parents, donors, and community members.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
- Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, education, environmental education, or a related field
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing
- Self motivated and demonstrated ability to take appropriate initiative to reach project goals
- Familiarity with computers and proficiency with basic word processing, database, and design software
- Comfort working in the outdoors with the ability to walk over various terrain (camp trails and facility), while carrying a small backpack with photography gear
- Preferred: some experience with Adobe layout and design platforms
Work Environment and Schedule
This position is based out of the Tanglewood site with work taking place at both Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove. This is a full-time, seasonal position. The University of Maine Cooperative Extension regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. This position requires a flexible work schedule with some evening and weekend work.
Dates and Compensation:
- $300/week (pre-tax)
- Benefits include: shared rustic housing, meals, and internet access
- Credit for internship based on your school requirements
- Employment opportunities are rolling throughout the program season: April-June, June-August, September-November
To Apply: Please mail/email cover letter, resume, and references to: Director, 1 Tanglewood Road, Lincolnville, ME 04849 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).