Packing List-Blueberry Cove Leadership
This list below pertains to the clothes and equipment needed for the camping expeditions during the Leadership Programs at Blueberry Cove as well as during the residential portion of the programs.
Please consider the size and weight of what you pack. Test out both packing and unpacking your bag as well as carrying it. Remember, you will have to help carry group camping gear and food in addition to your personal gear during the trip portion of the program. Any items below not specifically needed on the trip will be left at camp while you are away.
On the trips, you will be spending all your time outdoors. Although it is summer, the weather can change at any time. It is important that you bring warm clothes and plan to dress in layers. We recommend that cotton outer clothing such as denim pants and cotton sweatshirts be avoided. In place of cotton, wear wool or synthetic materials.
Please remember to label all clothing & belongings!
Essential Clothing per week:
(Please plan accordingly for multi-week programs)
- Medium to light-weight hiking boots (make sure they are broken in!)
- 5 pair underwear
- 2-4 pair medium-weight wool socks
- 1 pair synthetic or wool thermal long underwear — tops and bottoms
- 2-3 t-shirts
- 1 long-sleeved light-weight shirt (cotton is okay for this)
- 2 long pants, plus light-weight, quick drying pants
- 1-2 pair light-weight, quick drying shorts
- 2 Towels (one small, light-weight for camping)
- Hat with visor
- 1 wool or fleece stocking cap
- 1 wool sweater or fleece jacket
- Waterproof raincoat with hood (no ponchos)
- 1 pair ligthweight, waterproof rain pants (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 pair of footwear to get wet (Teva style sandals or old sneakers) — no flip-flops
- 1 pair of sneakers or shoes for running type activities
If your camper takes any medications, pack enough medication to last the entire camp session. ALL items should be in their original packaging, bottle or container that identifies the prescribing physician (if prescription drug), the name of the medication, the dosage and the frequency of administration.
Equipment: Items with * are available to borrow from us; please call 207.789.5868 to reserve these items or with any other questions.
- *3000 cubic inch backpack or dry bag
- *closed cell sleeping pad
- *Compactable sleeping bag rated to 20-30 degrees F
- 2 leak proof, one quart bottles (wide mouth preferred)
- insect repellent
- Water proof stuff sack or stuff sack with trash bag
- light day pack
- 1 each: cup, bowl, spoon
- Flashlight/headlamp with extra batteries (we have a battery charger!)
- Toiletries: toothbrush/paste, comb or hair brush, soap, shampoo
Other Optional Items:
- Pen/pencil and journal
- Camera (digital is okay)
- stationery, stamps, envelopes
- reading material
- playing cards
- small folding pocket knife (kept with counselor)
Please avoid bringing:
- anything electrical/electronic (MP3 players, cell phones, etc.)
- money or valuables
- weapons of any kind
- drugs, alcohol, cigarettes
- live animals or pets
- sports equipment