St. George After School FAQ
The After School Program follows the St. George School Calendar. If St. George School is closed for any reason, there will not be an After School Program that day.
The After School Program will happen at the St. George School from:
- 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday – Friday on regular full school days. Please let us know in advance if you plan to pick up your student before 5:30 p.m.
- 2:30-2:45 pm – Welcome, sign in
- 2:45-3:15 pm – Snack
- 3:15-4:30 pm – Activity / Enrichment – field trips would happen during this time frame.
- 4:30-5:30 pm – Wind down time until pick up – reading, drawing, homework
- 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. on scheduled early release days [or until 5:30 p.m. if you purchased additional time in the registration system for these days.]
There will will not be an After School program if students are released early due to inclement weather (snow days).
** If you chose the 10 day option, please contact us at least one week in advance of the day you would like your student to attend to reserve your space. **
There will be a $5 fee for each 5 minute interval for late pickups.
There is a $10 fee if you don’t notify us by noon that your student will not be attending on that day.
If you have any questions about the After School Program or need to notify us of other changes to your students schedule, please call 207-491-6537 or the main office at 207-789-5868.
- A snack will be provided during the program. Please make sure you have accurately completed the health form in the registration system with any allergies or dietary restrictions!
- We will not dispense medication to students except for Epi-pens and emergency inhalers.
- Your student can not attend the After School Program if they were not in school that day or if they were sent home early.
- You are still responsible for the cost of any days your student misses due to illness, behavior or other schedule conflicts.
- You will receive credit on your account for any days missed due to inclement weather closures.
- You or another approved adult must sign your student out with a staff member each day.
- Other approved adults need to be listed in the registration system prior to pick up.
- Other approved adults will need to show photo identification to sign out your student.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late for pick up, we will call emergency contacts to try to find someone to pick up your student.
- If your student is not picked up by 6 p.m., we will notify the police.
- If you or your approved pick up person arrives visibly impaired, we will contact alternative pick up people and/or notify the police and DHHS that an impaired person is transporting your student.
Please visit our website at umaine.edu/tanglewood and click on St. George After School Program under Blueberry Cove for additional details!