Please read the following important information about our site’s COVID protocols.
We look forward to welcoming you to our site. With your support, we will work hard to make your visit a rewarding and happy experience for all. We hope that you will have a great time exploring, learning new and exciting outdoor activities, and of course making new friends and memories that we hope will last a lifetime.
Please note: CDC guidance and safety measures can and do change often. This information will be updated as those changes emerge.
This information was updated: August 27, 2021
If one or more states have a spike in cases of highly contagious COVID-19 variants, Maine will apply its test or quarantine requirement to visitors to and from that state. The Maine CDC will publicly announce any such states when they are identified.
See updated Maine Visitor Information here.
Procedures and General Practices:
- All staff, participants, and visitors will wear face masks while indoors or while doing outdoor activities where social distancing can not be maintained. Face coverings continue to be welcomed in any circumstance when individuals choose to wear them as a matter of personal preference. Masks and or neck gaiters must have two or more layers of washable, breathable fabric and be properly sized to your face. Masks with valves and bandanas are not adequate face coverings.
- We have increased cleaning and disinfection practices within our facilities.
- Our physical spaces have been reconfigured to allow for appropriate social distancing.
- Staff have been trained on tools for promoting healthy hygiene practices and mask-wearing.
- All staff will be following UMaine System guidelines for weekly testing.
- Activities will take place outdoors unless we are experiencing inclement weather.
- Anyone that shows signs of sickness will need to leave our site as soon as possible.
- Anyone who feels ill or has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, including staff, participants, and visitors, are not permitted to come to our site. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and loss of taste or smell. Call your doctor if you think you or a family member is sick.
Resources and References:
State of Maine overnight camp guidance: https://www.maine.gov/decd/checklists/overnight-summer-camps
State of Maine day camp guidance: https://www.maine.gov/decd/checklists/day-camps
UMaine guidance: https://www.maine.edu/together/