Appalachian Trail, Ages 13-15
Climbing to high altitudes and descending into deep valleys, this trip is the perfect expedition for those who really love hiking and the outdoors! Passing through amazing gorges and wilderness areas, participants encounter some truly breathtaking scenery.
Spend 5 days along the Appalachian Trail learning all about Leave No Trace and lightweight backpacking. This trip has followed several different routes over years including:
- Starting at the south end of Nahmakanta Lake and continue south to the Gulf Hagas area, covering over 40 miles of the “wildest” section of the Appalachian Trail,
- starting at the Gulf Hagas area and following the trail southbound to Borestone Mountain,
- or, following routes that fit the passions of our leaders.
The week is packed with personal and group challenges, great views and lots of fun. Participants experience what it means to carry all you need on your back and have the opportunity to meet through-hikers on their way to Katahdin or Georgia! This is a journey you will never forget!
This trip is limited to a maximum of 8 participants.
- Trip level
- Advanced. Good physical condition is a requirement.
- Experience required
- Previous hiking experience
- Departs from Lincolnville
Ages: 13-15 Cost: $625.00 FAQs and Packing Lists
Program Dates: August 2-7, 2020