Assistant Director of Employee Engagement
5741 Libby Hall, 104C, Orono, ME 04469
In her role as Assistant Director of Employee Engagement, Beth provides leadership in the areas of human resources and staff development for UMaine Extension. She is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to enhance the overall experience of employees in support of the mission of UMaine Extension. Beth believes in the people and programs in Extension and strives to support them in making our part of the world a better place to be.
Connect with Beth to learn more or gain support in these areas:
– search and hire process
– new employee onboarding
– staff development; trainings, organization conference
– employee satisfaction and retention
– human resources; mediation, guidance
When she’s not seeking ways to improve the professional lives of Extension employees, Beth is hanging out with her family; kiddo Ben, husband [Matt Hawkyard, ARI/CE], sweet black lab Freya and wild tabby Logan. Gardening, listening to music, playing in the wind, water and mountains, and reading.
- B.A., Environmental Sociology, Oregon State University, 2008
- National Association of Extension Program & Staff Development Professionals (NAEPSDP)