Currently, the University of Maine Kennebec County Cooperative Extension office in Augusta is open to the public by appointment only.
We are following the protocols set forth by the State of Maine and the University of Maine.
Face masks are required.
To set up an appointment, please call or email.
- Phone: 207.622.7546 or 1.800.287.1481 (in Maine)
- Email: email@example.com
— June 30, 2021
Effective October 15, 2021:
Access to campus, university facilities, and buildings for visitors and employees: University System campuses and buildings, in general, are open. Visitors — along with students, staff, and faculty — are currently required to wear face coverings, at all times, indoors at this time, regardless of vaccination status.
Many events or activities for which visitors would come to campus also will require evidence of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.
For more information about face coverings, vaccination requirements, and other such protocols, please visit the UMS Community Guidance For Everyone page.
For contact information for your local county UMaine Extension office, visit the County Offices page.
University of Maine Cooperative Extension in Kennebec County gives local residents access to the resources and expertise of the University of Maine. Through educational programs, publications, and events, UMaine Extension delivers unbiased, research-based information to Kennebec County citizens. We can answer your questions on a wide array of topics. To find out how we can help you, browse our site, or contact us.
Putting university research to work in homes, businesses, farms, and communities for over 100 years.
Your Gift Matters.
UMaine Cooperative Extension: Responding to COVID-19
- Maine Farm Product & Pick-Up Directory
- Maine 4-H: Learn from Home Support
- Food Safety Information for Maine Consumers
- Victory Gardens for ME
- Other resources always free and available: YouTube | Publications
- 9:00-10:00 am: Garden Chats (weekly topic varies)
- 10:00-12:00 pm: Monday Meet & Greet– open house for all things 4-H (email for link)
- 10:00 am: Mainely Dish, at-home cooking with kids YouTube Series
- 3:00-3:45 pm: 4-H Science QuaranTEEN Cafe (UMaine- registration required)
- 12:00-1:00 pm: Garden Chats
- 12:00pm Live Wednesdays in the Woods with Tanglewood
- 3:00-3:45 pm: 4-H Science QuaranTEEN Cafe (Univ. of Vermont; registration required)
- 6:00-7:00 pm: Garden Chats