Effective Monday, May 18, 2020:
University of Maine Cooperative Extension buildings are CLOSED until June 30, 2020 in an effort to ensure the health and safety of the community, and to help stem the spread of the coronavirus.
However, please note that UMaine Extension is operating and staff are working remotely from their offices.
To contact the University of Maine Cooperative Extension Washington County Office:
RESPONDING TO COVID-19
- Maine 4-H: Learn from Home Support
- Food Safety Information for Maine Consumers
- Connecting with Maine Communities During COVID-19
- Maine Farm Product & Pick-Up Directory
- Other resources always free and available: YouTube | Publications
- 9:00-10:00 am: Garden Chats (weekly topic varies)
- 10:00 am: Mainely Dish, at-home cooking with kids YouTube Series
- 9:00 – 10:00 am: Garden and Yard Virtual Office Hours
- 2:00-2:45 pm: Preserving the Maine Harvest food preservation webinars (registration required)
- 3:00-3:45 pm: 4-H Science QuaranTEEN Cafe (UMaine- registration required)
- 12:00 pm: Wednesdays in the Woods (Join the 4-H Camps and Learning Centers for outdoor adventures.)
- 12:00-1:00 pm: Garden Chats
- 3:00-3:45 pm: 4-H Science QuaranTEEN Cafe (Univ. of Vermont; registration required)
- Growing Maine Gardeners (Join UMaine Extension Horticulturist Kate Garland and her kids for gardening projects.)
University of Maine Cooperative Extension in Washington County gives local residents access to the resources and expertise of the University of Maine. Through educational programs, publications, and events, UMaine Extension delivers unbiased, research-based information to Washington County citizens. We can answer your questions on a wide array of topics. To find out how we can help you, browse our site, or contact us.
Putting university research to work in homes, businesses, farms, and communities for over 100 years.
Washington County News
Ken and Joyce Getchell Selected as the Norman W. Duzen Community Service Award Recipient
New food preservation webinar series from UMaine Extension
Washington County 4-H Calling Youth Artists and Crafters
Youth Find Their Voice through 4-H Public Speaking
4-H News in Washington County – May 2020