Effective Monday, August 3, 2020:
University of Maine Cooperative Extension buildings are currently CLOSED in an effort to ensure the health and safety of the community, and to help stem the spread of the coronavirus.
Beginning in early August, county offices will reopen following UMaine guidance and protocols. Exact dates have not yet been determined. Please check this site for updates or feel free to call the office for updated information.
However, please note that UMaine Extension is operating and staff are working remotely.
Contact the University of Maine Cooperative Extension Cumberland County Office:
University of Maine Cooperative Extension in Cumberland County gives local residents access to the resources and expertise of the University of Maine.
Through educational programs, publications, and events, UMaine Extension delivers unbiased, research-based information to Cumberland County citizens. We can answer your questions on a wide array of topics. To find out how we can help you, browse our site or contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 207.781.6099.
Putting university research to work in homes, businesses, farms, and communities for over 100 years.
UMaine Cooperative Extension: Responding to COVID-19
- Maine Farm Product & Pick-Up Directory
- COVID-19 Food Safety Information for Maine Consumers
- Maine 4-H: Learn from Home Support
- Victory Garden Videos – How to grow your garden
- Guidance for Pick-Your-Own Farms and their customers.
- Resources from Garden Chats
- Other resources always free and available: YouTube | Publications
- 10:00 am: Mainely Dish, At Home Cooking with Kids YouTube Series
- 3:30-4:30 pm: 4-H Meet and Greet. Contact: email@example.com for the Zoom link.
- NEW! Gardening Webinar Series: Join UMaine Extension’s Home Horticulture team for a variety of topics every other Monday at noon beginning July 20th.
- 2:00-2:45 pm: Preserving the Maine Harvest food preservation webinars (registration required)
- 12:00 pm: Wednesdays in the Woods with Hannah from Tanglewood 4-H Camp & Learning Centers
- 3:00-3:45 pm: 4-H Science QuaranTEEN Time (Univ. of Vermont; registration required)
- 1:00 pm: 4-H Friday Fun! YouTube Series