Maine Food System
Grow smarter. Eat better.
University of Maine Cooperative Extension helps support, sustain, and grow the $3.9 billion food-based economy in Maine. We are the only entity in our state that touches every aspect of the Maine Food System, where policy, research, production, processing, commerce, nutrition, and food security and safety are integral and interrelated.
- Commercial agriculture and horticulture
- Eat Well Nutrition program
- Food processing and food safety
- Food preservation
- Maine Harvest for Hunger
- Master Gardener training
- Recipe to Market program
- Resources for beginning farmers
- Testing and diagnostic services
More about the Maine Food System.