Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) in Washington County
University of Maine Cooperative Extension Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program is free to parents or caregivers of children. EFNEP is also offered in Androscoggin, Aroostook, Cumberland, Hancock, Kennebec, Oxford, Penobscot, Sagadahoc, Somerset, and York counties.
- Cook new recipes
- Choose healthy foods
- Save money at the grocery store
- Keep food safe to eat
- Be more active
Contact Us: You can participate in EFNEP through individual and group lessons. For more information in Washington County contact Rita Stephenson, 207.255.3345 or 1.800.287.1542 (toll free within Maine).
NEW- Virtual “Walk-In” Nutrition Tips for Parents & Caregivers
- Interested in learning about virtual nutrition education opportunities?
- Have a specific nutrition or cooking topic you would like to learn more about?
Join Community Education Assistant, Rita Stephenson, on Wednesdays, beginning September 23, from 1:00-2:00 p.m. on Zoom!
For more information and to register, visit: Virtual “Walk-In” Nutrition Tips for Parents & Caregivers
Eating Your Way! Online Series
Parents and caregivers, learn healthy cooking and eating tips for you and your family at your own speed with three self-paced, online sessions.
Each session will include:
- Information on two or three nutrition & healthy lifestyle topics
- A simple cooking demonstration
- Resources for kids in the kitchen