4-H Youth Development & Finance Management Professional
75 Clearwater Drive, Suite 104, Falmouth, ME 04105
Sara has been involved with Maine 4-H since 2004 as a member, and then 4-H dog club leader. Sara’s role primarily includes developing new youth and volunteer programs, leading the Cumberland County 4-H Teen Council, leading the Maine 4-H Healthy Living Team, Co-chairing the Northeast Region’s Special Interest Club Committee, and assisting the volunteer-led Cumberland County Leaders Association in the planning and execution of county-wide 4-H programs and events. She is focused on expanding Cumberland County’s 4-H program to incorporate new audiences through community outreach programs, particularly utilizing the SPIN (Special Interest) Club model throughout the Summer months. Sara’s position also includes the management of county finances, purchasing, special projects, liaising with county government, and more for the Cumberland County Extension office.
- University of Southern Maine Muskie School of Public Policy, 2021, Summa Cum Laude, Masters in Policy, Planning, & Management with a concentration in Non-Profit Management
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, 2014, Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts in History with a double minor in Secondary Education & Communications.
- State of Maine Notary Public
- Certified in Volunteer Administration by the Council for Volunteer Administration
- State of Maine Professional Teacher Certification – Social Studies Grades 7–12
- Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International – Certified Instructor for Youth & Adults with Disabilities & Equine Specialist in Mental Health & Learning
- American Heart Association CPR & First Aid Certified
- National Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals (NAE4-HYDP)
- Maine Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals