Community Education Assistant CL2/Administrative Specialist CL3 4-H
75 Clearwater Drive, Suite 104, Falmouth, ME 04105
Sara has been involved with Maine 4-H since 2004 as a member and most recently as a 4-H dog club leader. She is also a full-time staff member. Sara works part time as a 4-H Community Education Assistant in Cumberland County developing new programs, leading the Cumberland County 4-H Teen Council, and assisting the volunteer-led Cumberland County Leader’s Association in the planning and execution of county-wide 4-H programs and events. Her focus is on expanding Cumberland County’s already large 4-H program to incorporate new audiences through community outreach programs, particularly utilizing the SPIN (Special Interest) Club model throughout the Summer months. Sara’s other position within UMaine Extension is Administrative Specialist CL3 for all 4-H programming in Cumberland County including writing the monthly newsletter, corresponding with volunteers & members, answering all new 4-H inquiries, and any other county-level 4-H tasks that need to be completed. Sara also manages the Cumberland County Office’s finances, vehicles, and more.
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, 2014, Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts in History with a double minor in Secondary Education & Communications.
- State of Maine Notary Public
- Certified in Volunteer Administration by the Council for Volunteer Administration
- State of Maine Provisional Teacher Certification – Social Studies Grades 7 – 12
- Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International – Registered Level
Instructor for Youth & Adults with Disabilities
- American Heart Association CPR & First Aid Certified