Community Education Assistant CL2/Administrative Specialist CL3 4-H
75 Clearwater Drive, Suite 104, Falmouth, ME 04105
Sara has been involved with Maine 4-H since 2004 as a member and then 4-H dog club leader. Sara is a full-time employee of UMaine Extension and splits her time evenly between being a 4-H Community Education Assistant CL2 & Administrative Specialist CL3 in Cumberland County. Sara’s role as a CEA primarily includes developing new youth and volunteer programs, leading the Cumberland County 4-H Teen Council, leading the Maine 4-H Healthy Living Team, and assisting the volunteer-led Cumberland County Leaders Association in the planning and execution of county-wide 4-H programs and events. She is also focused on expanding Cumberland County’s 4-H program to incorporate new audiences through community outreach programs, particularly utilizing the SPIN (Special Interest) Club model throughout the Summer months. As an Administrative Specialist for the Cumberland County Extension Office Sara’s roles include managing county finances, purchasing, special projects, and more.
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, 2014, Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Arts in History with a double minor in Secondary Education & Communications.
- State of Maine Notary Public
- Certified in Volunteer Administration by the Council for Volunteer Administration
- State of Maine Provisional Teacher Certification – Social Studies Grades 7 – 12
- Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International – Registered Level
Instructor for Youth & Adults with Disabilities
- American Heart Association CPR & First Aid Certified
- National Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals (NAE4-HYDP)
- Maine Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals