Professor of Agriculture & Natural Resources And Program Administrator for Commercial & Consumer Agriculture
24 Main Street, Lisbon Falls, ME 04252-1505
Tori Jackson is Extension Professor of Agriculture and Natural Resources, working with farms and other natural resource based businesses throughout Maine. She has statewide responsibilities in Farm Business Management and New and Beginning Farmer education, and serves as chair of the Maine Farmer Resource Network, a group of thirty organizations and institutions working together for farm business success. In addition to teaching workshops, Tori offers one-on-one consultations for farmers and assists with business plan preparation.
Tori is also Program Administrator of Commercial and Consumer Agriculture for Cooperative Extension.
During her undergraduate and graduate careers, Tori primarily studied fruit and vegetable production and integrated pest management (IPM). She worked at Highmoor Farm, a Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station in Monmouth in various capacities for about 15 years. Her Master’s research and thesis evaluated various organic controls for corn earworm and other lepidopteran insect pests in sweet corn. More recently, her field research has focused on elderberry production.
- M.S., Plant, Soil, and Environmental Sciences. University of Maine, 2004
Thesis: Alternative Controls for Helicoverpa zea on Sweet Corn: Phytotoxicity and Pollination Inhibition from Direct Silk Applications.
- B.A., Human Ecology, focus: Plant Science. College of the Atlantic, 2000
- 2021, 2017, 2013: Human Subjects Research Certification and Conflict of Interest Training from The Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects, Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program
- 2008-present: Maine Private Pesticide Applicator’s License
- 2009-present: Member, North East Association of County Agricultural Agents (NEACAA)
- 2006-present: Member, Maine Association of Agricultural Extension Agents (MAEA)
- 2008-2012: President
- 2007-2008: Vice President
- 2006-present: Member, National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA)
- 2006-present: Member, American Society for Horticultural Science (ASHS)
- 2012-present: Beginning Farmer Resource Network (Chair)
- 2009-present: New England Fruit & Vegetable Conference Steering Committee