Spring 2022 Plant Sale and Outdoor Open House
Help us plan and implement a perennial plant sale event at the Extension Office in Ellsworth, to be held on Saturday morning, May 21. There are MANY ways that you can get involved:
This team is responsible for the creating and disseminating publicity for the plant sale.
- Recruit volunteers and solicit plant donations
- Update and share marketing materials (fliers, on-site signage, etc.)
- Get the word out! Coordinate flier distribution, submit press releases, share social media posts, contact partner organizations
INVENTORY & PLANT SIGNAGE TEAM
This team is responsible for maintaining the plant inventory and preparing laminated photographic labels for each group of plant species (many already exist from past sales).
- Maintain an inventory of all plants
- Label plants using existing inventory of laminated photographic/descriptive labels, and create new labels as needed (office will laminate)
PLANT COLLECTION AND PREPARATION TEAM
This team is responsible for the collection and preparation of plants. The success of the sale depends on plant quality and variety!
- Team A: Divide, pot and label perennials at Extension gardens
- Team B: Solicit and collect perennials at other gardens in the community
- Locating, digging, dividing, potting, & labeling plants
PLANT CARE TEAM
The team is responsible for the maintenance and care of the perennial plants that are potted for sale. Plants will be in pots and lined up against the back of the Extension office.
- Visit Extension office on a regular basis to keep plants evenly watered
- Maintain quality control (remove dead leaves, check in with Marjorie, etc)
YARD PREPARATION TEAM
This team is responsible for sprucing up the Extension grounds and preparing the plant sale area.
- Spruce up Extension garden
- Divvy up seafood compost buckets
- Arrange plants and signage
- Set up activity areas
OUTDOOR OPEN HOUSE TEAM
This team is responsible for planning and managing the outdoor open house activities on the day of the event.
- Welcome Table
- “Ask a Master Gardener” info table
- Kid’s Corner
- Distribute compost buckets
- Clean-up after sale
This team is responsible for managing sales during the event.
- “Tally team” will walk around and assist customers by preparing plant tally slips
- “Sales table team” (located in sales tent) will collect payment
- Clean-up after sale