This year the series will also be streamed live via Zoom, so you may take the course remotely from your computer.
Tuesday’s, March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, 2020
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
UMaine Extension Androscoggin-Sagadahoc Office
24 Main Street, Lisbon Falls, ME
A course to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to start, adapt, and maintain a profitable land-based business.
This multi-session course is designed for people who want to start a profitable farm or expand their farm hobby to a profitable business.
Successful completion of this course qualifies participants for FSA Borrower Training Credit.
Textbook: Starting and Running Your Own Small Farm Business by Sara Aubrey
Cost: $50 per person* (includes textbook)
*Except where indicated below
- Participants will feel comfortable starting a land-based business.
- Participants will understand the need for and have a framework for a business plan.
- Participants will select and use a record keeping system.
- Participants will understand how to use Cooperative Extension and other agencies as a resource for their land-based business.
- Participants will understand the importance of and basics of marketing their products, including customer surveys.
For registration questions please contact Melissa Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.353.5550.