Daily Virtual 4-H Offerings!
As a part of UMaine Cooperative Extension’s response to the changes in the world due to the novel coronavirus, we have created a weekly schedule of activities to keep youth engaged in learning:
- Monday: “Mainely Dish” Mondays – nutrition professionals from the UMaine Extension Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) share videos of easy and healthy snacks kids can make at home.
- Tuesday: QuaranTEEN Virtual Science Cafes – Join us each Tuesday where you will meet scientists, learn about how they ended up at UMaine and how they became involved in their work/research, and participate in informal discussions. So, sign up and learn some cool science! Registration is required – after registering, you will receive an email with the Zoom link and password.
- Wednesday: “Wednesdays in the Woods” Outdoor Activities – join the 4-H Camps and Learning Centers for outdoor adventures. Live on Wednesdays on the UMaine 4-H Camp & Learning Center at Tanglewood Facebook page join Hannah Raymond as she does different outdoor activities you can do in your own back yard! Activity sheets can be downloaded and printed.
- Thursday: Growing Maine Gardeners – Join UMaine Extension Horticulturist Kate Garland and her kids in videos that introduce gardeners to fun projects and new techniques. New videos and activity sheets are posted every Thursday.
- Friday: Learn at Home with 4-H Friday Fun! Videos – Each Friday, watch for a new hands-on activity that you can try out with simple materials you have at home. Watch a short video clip to see how it’s done or download our 4-H Learn from Home activity sheets. Each activity outlines materials needed, easy to follow instructions, reflection questions for discussion and activity extensions.