2021 4-H Public Speaking Tournament
The 2021 4-H Public Speaking Tournament will take place virtually over the weekend of April 16 – 18, 2021. In the absence of local club and county tournaments this year, there is ample support for youth preceding the tournament in the form of workshops and focused practice opportunities. These workshops are open to all youth who wish to practice their public speaking skills and those who wish to qualify for the state tournament. If you are interested in participating in the Maine 4-H Public Speaking Program and need assistance in any way, please contact us to discuss your needs. We are committed to making 4-H programs accessible to all youth, regardless of internet or technology access. Details for the workshops and tournaments are still being organized – regularly updated information can be found on the Maine 4-H Public Speaking Website. Stay tuned for more announcements!
Save the dates for the 4-H Public Speaking Workshops:
– January 26, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. | Online Presentations
– February 9, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. | Career & College Readiness
– February 16, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m |Introduction to 4-H Public Speaking for Cloverbuds
– February 23, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. | All About Judging & Scoring
– Practice Sessions in February and March
*There are two ways to qualify for the State Public Speaking Tournament:
- Attend two workshops and one practice session.
- Individualized qualifier; contact Emily Mott, firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Save the date for the 2021 4-H Public Speaking Tournament:
– April 16-18, 2021
Questions about the Maine 4-H Public Speaking Program? Contact Sheila Norman, 207.942.7396 or email@example.com.