Fryeburg Fair Market Lamb Intent
The auction market lamb program for Fryeburg Fair is undergoing some changes. In order to qualify to sell a lamb at Fryeburg Fair, you must meet these MANDATORY requirements:
- Market Lambs must be owned and in possession of 4-H’er by June 1, 2023.
- An Intent to Sell Form including the bill of sale, the value of the animal, and scrapie ID number, either online or to your county office, by June 5, 2023. Photos of the lamb must include a picture of the tag in the animal’s ear. County staff have until June 15, 2023, to send the forms to the state office.
- Scrapie ear tags numbers must be on the bill of sale/value form.
In accordance with the Fryeburg Fair 4-H market animal policies:
- A 4-H’er may not substitute a different animal for these market classes once the steer or lamb is recorded. No exceptions will be considered.
- All projects must be the work of the 4-H member.
- The market animal must be raised on your home premises or within a 35-mile radius. Projects outside of this radius must receive an exemption from the local Extension Office and Fryeburg Fair.
- 4-H members can tag and identify only one market steer and /or one market lamb for the Fryeburg Fair.