Staff and Volunteer Guidelines A.2
Each county Extension 4-H educator or professional works with local volunteers and fair committees as appropriate to develop 4-H rules and regulations governing 4-H exhibit halls at fairs. A standard set of 4-H Guidelines for Agricultural Fair Exhibit Halls is available and county 4-H staff are encouraged to adopt these guidelines to create consistency among fairs.
Links to the 4-H website will be accepted if they meet the following guidelines:
- They are in line with the 4-H and University of Maine Cooperative Extension mission.
- They do not violate University Policy.
- They do not violate the University Non-Discrimination Policy.
Procedure for requesting links to the 4-H website
- Send requests for links to the State 4-H office Administrative Assistant: email@example.com.
- Final decisions will be made by the UMaine Extension webmaster in consultation with State 4-H Office staff.
All links will be reviewed prior to acceptance and if there is any concern the Policy Team will review the link.
Continuing Education Units can be obtained for volunteers who attend in-person volunteer trainings. Extension staff can apply for the Continuing Education Unit credits as the sponsor of the educational activity or instruction through UMaine Conference Services.