4-H, 4-H Stem, and 4-H Development Professional
63 Boggy Brook Road, Ellsworth, ME 04605
Carla comes to Cooperative Extension/4-H with a background in experiential STEM education and classroom teaching. Her role is to work with 4-H volunteers to promote the learning and growth of 4-H youth, and to develop educational programs, events, and resources that address the needs of youth in Hancock County. Youth in Hancock County can experience 4-H through year-round club settings, short-term special interest programs, in- and after-school projects, and community events. Carla’s educational programs have a particular emphasis on marine science, aquaculture, and oceanography.
- M.S.T. (in progress), University of Maine Research in STEM Education (RiSE) Center
- B.S., Marine Biology, University of Rhode Island, 2008
- Maine Teaching Certification, Grades 7-12, Life & Physical Science
- Maine Associations: Gulf of Maine Marine Educators, Maine Environmental Educators
- National Associations: National Science Teacher (NSTA), National Marine Educators (NMEA)