17 Godfrey Drive, Orono, ME 04473
Principally, Charles Armstrong provides integrated pest management (IPM) education and on-site assistance to Maine’s cranberry industry. He also is responsible for building, maintaining, and expanding, the website for our Home & Garden IPM program, aimed at helping the people of Maine identify pests (and other curious critters) that are found in and around the home and garden, and how to control them, if necessary. Charles is also one of the pest management staff who has been trained in tick identification, so he is able to assist with the ongoing work being done by our Tick Identification Lab that was established in 2015.
- M.S., Entomology; Focused on forest entomology & natural enemies of insects, University of Maine, 1996
- B.S., Biology, Roberts Wesleyan College, 1993
- UMaine Extension Certificate of Completion: Customer Service, 2010
- Honorary State FFA Degree, 2010
- Treasurer for the Maine Agriculture in the Classroom Association