Director, Aquaculture Research Institute, Aquatic Animal Health Specialist
17 Godfrey Drive, Orono, ME 04473
Dr. Deborah Bouchard is the Director of the University of Maine’s Aquaculture Research Institute and an Assistant Extension Professor, Aquatic Animal Health Specialist with UMaine’s Cooperative Extension. She has over 30 years of combined public and private sector experience in aquatic animal health diagnostics, research and industry collaborations. Dr. Bouchard is the Project Leader for the Aquatic Animal Health Division (AAHL) of the UMaine Cooperative Extension Diagnostic Research Laboratory. Her research advances R&D such as aquatic animal feeds, vaccines, therapeutants and feed supplements for marine resource industries, both nationally and internationally.
- Ph.D., Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources, University if Maine, 2018
- B.S., Microbiology, University if Maine, 1983
- American Fisheries Society, Fish Health Inspector, 1991-present
- World Aquaculture Society
- American Fisheries Society (AFS), Fish Health Section