Food Systems Professional
75 Clearwater Drive, Suite 104, Falmouth, ME 04105
Kate McCarty has been the Food Systems Professional at UMaine Extension since 2009, after serving in the AmeriCorps VISTA program. She has completed the Master Food Preserver program, an intensive, hands-on training in all aspects of home food preservation.
Kate manages the volunteer efforts of the 60+ Master Food Preserver volunteers statewide and teaches hands-on food preservation programs in York, Cumberland, Oxford, Androscoggin, Sagadahoc, and Franklin counties.
- B.A., Philosophy. St. Mary’s College of Maryland, 2004
- M.S., Adult Education. University of Southern Maine, 2020
- ServSafe® Food Protection Manager, 2022
- Sustainable Food Systems Leadership Institute, 2016
- UMaine Extension Master Food Preserver, 2009
- Correctional Education Association
- Maine Nutrition Council
- Maine Extension Association of Family and Consumer Science
- National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Science
- Extension Professionals Committee