Kate’s professional interests are community nutrition; implementation and evaluation of educational programs designed for limited-income, food insecure population; breastfeeding promotion and education. She has research in evaluation of direct education, obesity prevention, interventions and implementation and evaluation of policy, systems and environmental change to support healthy eating and physical activity behaviors.
- M.S., Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Maine, Orono, 2003
- B.S., Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Maine, Orono, 1997
- 2004 Registered Dietician, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- 2002–present: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2002–present: Maine Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 2003–present: Maine Nutrition Council
- 2008–present: Society for Nutrition Education, member